How is your week going? Don’t even ask how my week is because it has been super busy. Planning an event for a corporate body and I seem not to have a life again. How are you measuring your success and what are your plans for the weekend? (Don’t say weekend is still far na) I for one don’t have a weekend life anymore that’s the price I have to pay for wanting more academic qualifications. So I would love to hear all about your weekend.
Welcome to my first post as regards to beauty and skincare. I hope to do more of this and even put up reviews of some DIY beauty products that I have tried and other good beauty products. Today is all about how to achieve a flawless skin.
We all have met or seen at least one woman with a seemly flawless skin and we keep asking ourselves how she is able to achieve this in Nigeria where the weather can be so hot and frying. Well, if you don’t think about it, I do. Every time I see a lady with no pimple or scar I just want to ask the lady how she achieved it. After wondering for so long about how people achieve flawless skin, this is what I have discovered is their secret; a flawless skin is achievable because a good skincare routine is in place. So here are my tips for achieving a flawless skin.
- Use the right cleanser for your skin and not what is in vogue or what you think will work for you. You can get advice from a dermatologist as to what kind of cleanser you should use.
- Drink the right liquid. Don’t get it twisted, you want a flawless skin? Then you must be ready to sacrifice your soft drinks and other sugary contents for water. Regular intake of water help to brightens oxygenates and hydrates your skin. GReentea is another liquid you can take.
- You must be ready to sacrifice junk food for more healthy diet. Fruits and vegetables high in vitamins and antioxidants should be an integral part of your everyday diet.
- Learn how not to touch your face. Your hand is the biggest bacteria carrier because you touch a whole lot of things that are not clean with your hand. Your hands don’t just spread bacteria and cause breakouts, they can also lead to increase in wrinkles and scarring.
- Learn to stick with one product at a time. Using more than one or two products at once is a big no-no. It could be harsh on your skin and lead to more breakouts and clogged pores.
- Wear Sunscreen even if you are very dark. I think most of us are guilty of not wearing sunscreen. When I was much younger, I used to believe that sunscreen was only for the white because their skin cannot stand the sun but now I know it’s a big lie. Please wear sunscreen especially now that the sun can literally roast plantain. It’s important to wear sunscreen because daily UV exposure contributes to the visible signs of aging. (best sunscreen for black women)
- Exfoliate regularly. Exfoliation is important because it helps to take out old skin cells and give room for new skin cells to grow. When buying an exfoliator, choose a product that is pH neutral so it doesn’t dry your skin as it exfoliates. It is also important to exfoliate not only your face but all parts of your body.
- Keep Your Makeup Brushes Clean. This is the most important tip for me. A lot of ladies are guilty of never washing their makeup brushes. If you are already experiencing frequent breakouts try cleaning your foundation and concealer brush at least once a week and see the difference.
- Learn to Sleep Well. Sleeping well for me is more than just having 8 hours of beauty sleep. Your skin will benefit from regularly using a clean silk pillowcase. Silk pillowcases are much better because the material glides easily and also prevents creasing and wrinkles. Silk is also easier on hair (I know my fellow naturalistas already know this) it helps to avoid tangles and breakage.
What skincare routine do you think I omitted? How do you ensure that your skin remains flawless? Please share with me.
Till my next post,
***Hugs and Kisses***