Currently listening to Asa’s Fumise and waiting for the rain to stop so I can attend Gtbank Food and drink event.
Welcome to a brand new week and a brand new month! Plus happy international day for workers.
This year is gradually wrapping up and I’m grateful to be existing on the surface of the earth. As usual, My Monday post is more about encouragement and inspiration and today’s thought is on prayers.
You know those times when your mind is just too heavy for you to actually say a word of prayer to God. Yes? No? Well, I certainly do. Lately, I’ve been a bit overwhelmed with the stresses of life, and this has led to my inability to pray as much as I want to.
While it’s certain that God already knows our heart desires because he’s our creator and he has already known us even before we were formed in our mother’s womb, prayer is still a necessity.
When the going gets though, Pray!
When the journey seems smooth, pray!
When it makes no sense, pray!
When you are happy, pray!
When it’s hard to pray, pray hardest!
One thing I have noticed is that every time I say a word of prayer in my state of unrest, I feel an overpowering covering of love and assurance that all is already well.
So these are some of the reasons you should pray even if you don’t feel like:
1. When you are praying, you are not only talking to God you are also affirming your faith in his powers. You might not totally agree with me but just a little faith added to that word that you are muttering to God can shift any situation.
2. Taking any issue with God in prayer means you are shifting the battle from a physical one to a spiritual one. When you talk to God, you are giving the Holy Spirit the authority to fight on your behalf. And I have not heard of a case where the Holy Spirit has lost any battle so why not just drop it at his feet.
3. When you pray, all your negative feelings are replaced with God’s peace, love and happiness. I have come to realise that prayer changes my perspective to issues; it shifts my focus from the seen to the unseen.
Now that we already know we should pray when we don’t feel like, here are some tips to help you start a prayer when your prayer morale is at zero:
1. Ask God for the desire to pray. I do this every time I wake up and don’t have the feeling to pray. I just lay on my bed and say “Lord, Here is Oizamsi increase my desire to talk with you because right now I really don’t feel like talking to you” I really don’t stress my prayer because I believe prayer is an avenue for me to have a healthy conversation with God since I’m in a relationship with Him.
2. Another tip that would help you pray is to read out a written down prayer. One way or the other, we all have come across devotionals that have prayers embedded in them. This could be really helpful on days when you really don’t feel the need to pray.
3. You could also sing aloud to worship songs. This is also a good way to get your prayer mood back. Listening to worship songs and singing aloud has a way reminding me of God’s goodness and helping me to to pray.
***Hugs and kisses***