Welcome to another diary session with Koz. All of you reading this post right now are the bomb. Thank you for taking time out to read my thoughts.
Today, I will be sharing my struggles false nails. Two weeks ago, I was preparing for a wedding and in that spirit of preparation, I decided to get my nails fixed in a bit to look different and girly. Truly, that bit was fulfilled but this is what I have learnt from wearing false nails for one week and counting:
- I took being able to do simple things for granted. For instance with this nail, buttoning my shirt is the most difficult task ever. I can’t even eat “Swallow” in peace because I’m wearing false nails. The most annoying bit was when I was trying to open the generator tank to refuel I spent almost 3 minutes doing that. I felt like crying.
- Picking up anything has become a great assignment for me. You need to see me trying to pick up a needle from the floor. Mehn, the struggle is real.
- Typing on my laptop or phone is no longer easy. As a content curator, I get to type every day of my life and it’s not easy with these nails, for now, I literally pick the keys on the keyboard. It’s still easier with my phone because auto correct is now my best friend. I can’t type a simple sentence now without typos.
- Doing the dishes or any other house chores is not funny. My nails have finally brought me to my mother’s black book and she keeps saying “so you can’t wash plate because of fashion abi? Well done”
- I now understand what patience truly is. I’m very careful with everything that I do because I don’t enjoy that sharp pain from my finger when I try to wash my clothes in a hurry.
Even with the struggle, I think I will still give it another trial but not immediately though. Does anyone ever get used to false nails?
***Hugs and Kisses***