Welcome to my blog again! It’s Wednesday and I’m back to reviewing Kemi Adetiba’s King Women Series. I did a post last week on the 7th episode and I’m overwhelmed with the response I got from it. You can check it out here if you haven’t read the post.
Today’s interview is about a woman named Adesuwa Onyenokwe. She was born on August 8, 1963, in Ibadan, Oyo state, to a large family of eleven. Adesuwa is one of the most popular Tv Presenter, Publisher and event organiser of her time. She worked with the National Television Authority for 15 years and is notably known for her half hour independent production on TV titled: “Today’s woman with Adesuwa” She is also the publisher of the magazine “Today’s Woman”
- Money doesn’t define your happiness because happiness is actually a state of mind so you have to be deliberate about it.
- Helping the needy and orphans is like sowing a seed into your future.
- Being happy about your current situation doesn’t mean you are complacent it just means you are contended.
ON MARRIAGE AND LOVE
- Nobody should push you into getting married when you are not ready because there is no specific age for getting married.
- You should think about getting married when you are matured, confident and sure about where your future is headed and not because everyone in your age group is getting married and you don’t want to be left out.
- It takes work and conscious effort to keep a relationship or a marriage, not just words.
- Don’t be under pressure to get married, if you haven’t found the guy just go on with your life and the truth is that you can be matured, confident and ready at any age so don’t let the society set the rules for you.
- Seek out to be with someone that genuinely care for you and you’re sure you are important to the person.
ON FAITH AND RELIGION
- People will do what they have to do its what you put in them that matters.
- Religion can be given but faith you will have to find on your own.
- Having faith is more than just mere words sometimes it means stretching you beyond your limits.
- God chooses different things in people’s lives to minister to others.
- Those who are on their knees permanently with God will rise and stand with kings.
- Whatever crosses we have are the path we are going to have our resurrection.
- The best thing you can ever have in life is, knowing that God is there and you can go to him anytime you want.
- Sticking with God is critical because he shows you his plans for your life. He may not give you all that you have asked for when you want it but your life will unfold before him beautifully.
ON CAREER DEVELOPMENT
- Study courses that resonate with your passions and gifts.
- While waiting for your dream job or dream career don’t be idle, get busy with developing yourself.
- Someone else is thinking about that exact idea you are thinking about so the earlier you act on the idea the better.
- Personal development and investment are important if you want to soar higher in your chosen career.
- Communication is all about helping people understand each other and issues better.
ON A GENERAL NOTE
- For cancer or any other kind of disease, early detection is the key to survival
- You’ve got to prepare yourself for anything and learn as much as possible about eating right, managing stress and preventing different types of disease.
- When you become old, you realise that there is more to life than you because you’ve have seen it all and you can now reflect on your life.
- The three most important things in life are hope, perseverance and patience.
- If you didn’t get what you want today, you can get it tomorrow, don’t give up.
So there you have it, these are the lessons that I drew from the life of this King Woman. These words might not be new to us but it a reminder that we all should keep dear to our heart. I would like to know what you think about this episode. Let the conversation begin!!!
***Hugs and Kisses***